- MHS Marine Biology
MHS Marine Biology
We will travel to Andros Island from June 15th to the 22nd and in preparation we will meet once a week during 2nd semester for an hour before school.
- Packing List (from passport to snorkel gear to toothbrush)
- Frequently Asked Questions (passport, medical evacuation insurance, cell phones, doctors, etc...)
- Practical Preparation
Mask, snorkel, boots, and fins - Tropical Snorkeling.com is an excellent website for helping you decide what to purchase; For the best fit, I would recommend a dive shop (Traverse City, Cadillac, GR, Grand Haven, Twin Lakes, etc...)
Sand Fleas and Mosquitos: Repellent for mosquitos in the evening (don't use DEET on boats). Oily Tanning lotion or Skin-so-Soft works for sand fleas/No-see-ums.
- Photo Book
Your final project for the Marine Biology is to create a photo book. This should include pictures from our trip and information about the various places that we visited.
I am looking for two things from this photo book.
1. It should be a portfolio of your learning and adventures.
2. It will be a keepsake that you can look at a long time from now.
Your final grade for the course will be recorded once you show me your book.
There are many apps out there that can be used to do this that are affordable. Here is a website that provides some background to a few that are out there.
- Marine Basics - Postma
- Intertidal Zone - Caleb
Intertidal Zone - Caleb
- Corals - Gracie
Corals - Gracie
- Blue Holes - Michael
Blue Holes - Michael
- Birds of the Bahamas - Caroline
Birds of the Bahamas - Caroline
- Coral Bleaching - Drew
Coral Bleaching - Drew
- Mangroves - Luke
Mangroves - Luke
- History - Mason
History - Mason
- Lion Fish - Jack
Lion Fish - Jack
- Microplastics - Ari
Microplastics - Ari
- See Grass Beds - Hope
See Grass Beds - Hope
- Black Seminoles of Red Bay - Taylor
Black Seminoles of Red Bay - Taylor
- Conch fishery - Grant
Conch fishery - Grant
- Sunscreens and corals - Olivia Holtgren
Sunscreens and corals - Olivia Holtgren
- Artificial Reefs - Olivia Smith
Artificial Reefs - Olivia Smith
- Wild pigs and Caribbean Islands - Trista
Wild pigs and Caribbean Islands - Trista
- Economy of Bahamas - Rachael
Economy of Bahamas - Rachael
- Forestry of the Bahamas - Eleanor
Forestry of the Bahamas - Eleanor
- Timeline for PaymentsThis topic
Timeline for Payments