|English 6 Flip Grid|
|COVID-19 April 17-May 24||10 Benefits of Reading|
|50 Fun Activities|
|8 of the Best Kid's Lit Podcasts|
|12 Poems that Speak to Middle Schoolers|
|Maniac McGee on YouTube|
|Create your own candy bar|
|Parent Reading Survey|
|Metaphors vs. Similes WS|
|Interview an Adult about his/her COVID-19 experience||
“StoryCorps’ mission is to preserve and share humanity’s stories in order to build connections between people and create a more just and compassionate world… to teach the value of listening, and to weave into the fabric of our culture the understanding that everyone’s story matters. At the same time, it is creating an invaluable archive for future generations.”
AN IDEA WHAT IS INVOLVED:
1. Pick someone you want to interview and invite them to participate.
2. Prepare for your interview using our Great Questions list. A standard StoryCorps interview is 40 minutes long, although your interview can be shorter. Most participants have time to ask 6-8 questions over the course of an interview.
3. Log in. Make sure both you and your partner are logged in to StoryCorps.
4. Visit the StoryCorps Connect recording page. Once you are there, send the provided interview link to your partner.
5. Start recording, and ask important questions. Click “Start Audio Recording”. Don’t forget to use our Great Questions.
6. End your interview. Click “Stop Recording,” and then, “Save Interview”.
7. Add a title and keywords to your interview if you are the organizer of the interview. If you are the invitee, you won’t need to do anything!
8. Share and archive your interview. If you are the organizer of the interview, you’ll be prompted to select your privacy settings. Note: it might take up to 30 minutes for you to access to your interview while it is being processed.”
|Reading an Infograph|
Login with your Google account. Class code: EUHGRS
Look for assigned reading to complete the assignment.
|Extras||Bluford Book Series Audios|
|Books from around the world||
|Audio & eBooks||
podcast readings of books for young adults